Gangrene is a condition in which the body tissue dies due to lack of blood supply.
Claudication is a symptom of peripheral artery disease. It is the pain that occurs when the muscles in the leg are not getting enough blood flow.
Q. What are the causes of gangrene?
- lack of blood supply
- untreated bacterial infections
- traumatic injuries
Q. What are the symptoms of gangrene?
- changes in skin color
- swelling or blisters
- sudden, severe pain followed by a feeling of numbness
- a foul-smelling discharge leaking from sore
- thin, shiny skin
- skin that feels cool or cold to the touch
Q. What are the risk factors of gangrene?
- blood vessel disease
- severe injury pr surgery
- complications of COVID-19