Transgender management is a new field in Endocrinology that deals with the hormonal and surgical treatment of transgender individuals.
Transgender management is the process of managing transgender people in a way that is respectful and appropriate to their gender identity.
Q. What are some other transgender management interventions?
- facial hair removal
- voice modification
- genital tucking and packing, and chest binding
Q. What services are included in transgender management?
- preventive care
- hormone therapy
- mental health support
- gender-affirming surgeries
Q. What surgeries are specific to transgender populations?
- feminizing vaginoplasty
- masculinizing phalloplasty/scrotoplasty
- masculinizing chest surgery
- facial feminization procedures
- reduction thyrochondroplsaty
- voice surgery