Growth disorders are a type of medical disorder that affects the body's ability to grow.
A growth disorder is a condition in which the body does not grow at the expected rate. Growth disorders are usually caused by a problem with the endocrine system, which controls hormones and other substances that affect growth.
Q. What are the causes of growth disorders?
- endocrine disease
- constitutional growth delay
- intrauterine growth restriction
- genetic disorders
- precocious puberty
Q. What are the symptoms of growth disorders?
- slow development of physical skills such as sitting, standing, and walking
- delayed social and mental skills
- slow growth from stomach disease can cause diarrhea
Q. What are the risk factors of growth disorders?
- family history
- systemic disease
- genetic disease