Hormonal disorders are conditions that arise from imbalances in the endocrine system.
Hormonal disorders are a group of conditions that are caused by problems with the endocrine system. The endocrine system is a complex network of glands and organs that produce hormones. Hormones are chemical messengers that regulate many important body functions, including growth, development, metabolism, and reproduction.
Q. What are some of the common causes of hormonal imbalances?
- hormone therapy
- certain medications
- cancer treatments such as chemotherapy
- tumors that are cancerous or benign
- pituitary tumors
- eating disorders
- injury or trauma
Q. What are symptoms of hormonal imbalances specific to women?
- heavy or irregular periods
- hirsutism - excessive hair on the face
- acne on the face or body
- hair loss
- skin tags
- vaginal dryness and/or atrophy
- pain during intercourse
- night sweats
Q. What are symptoms of hormonal imbalances specific to men?
- gynecomastia - the development of breast tissue
- breast tenderness
- erectile dysfunction
- decreases in beard or body hair growth
- loss of muscle and bone mass
- concentration difficulty
- hot flashes
Would you be needing an appointment for a Hormonal Disorder check up?
Log in or register into your portal and SMS text one of our medical assistant to get you scheduled with one of our Endocrinologists.