Pituitary disease is a group of disorders that affect the pituitary gland.
Pituitary disease is a condition that affects the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is a small gland located at the base of the brain. It produces hormones that control other glands in the body, such as thyroid and adrenal glands.
Q. What are the causes of pituitary diseases?
- head injury
- bleeding in or near the pituitary gland
- some medications and cancer treatments
Q. What are the types of pituitary disorders?
- secretory tumors
- nonsecretory tumors
Q. What are the symptoms of pituitary diseases?
- anxiety or depression
- hair loss
- high blood pressure
- irregular menstrual periods
- unexpected breast milk production
- low energy or low sex drive
- stunted growth or unusual growth spurts
- unexplained weight gain
- vision changes
Would you be needing an appointment for a Pituitary Disease check up?
Log in or register into your portal and SMS text one of our medical assistant to get you scheduled with one of our Endocrinologists.