Podiatric wound care is a specialized field of podiatry that focuses on the treatment of foot-related injuries and wounds.
Podiatric wound care is a type of podiatry that deals with the treatment of wounds on the feet. Podiatric wound care can be done by a podiatrist. Wound care is important because it helps to prevent infection and other complications from developing in wounds on the feet.
Q. What are the causes of foot wounds?
- poor circulation & circulatory problems
- inflammatory disease
- nerve damage to the feet (peripheral neuropathy)
- bone & muscles abnormalities
Q. What are some treatments of foot wounds?
- specialized footwear
- medicating & footwear
- taking antibiotics
- resting & evaluation
Q. What are symptoms of foot wounds?
- bruising & redness
Ulcers of the feet:
- red hole
- bottom or sides of the foot or tip of toes
- round shape
- surrounded by hard callused skin
- can be very deep
- burning & itching