Lapiplasty is the #1 3D bunion correction that corrects the entire bone and secures the unstable foundation for your feet.
Lapiplasty is a patented, advanced technology 3D bunion correction. This procedure is designed to correct all 3 dimensions of the bunion at the root of the unstable joint.
Q. What are the risks associated with the lapiplasty?
- adverse reactions to a foreign body
- pain, discomfort, or abnormal sensations due to the presence of the implant
- loosening, bending, cracking, or fracture of the implants
- loss of fixation of bone
- migration of the implant or loosening of the implant
- delayed correction in alignment of the bones
read more on patient risk information
Q. How has osteotomy proven to be inconsistent?
- 87% of bunions are misaligned in 3 dimensions
- 12x likelihood of bunion returning if the 3D issue isn't addressed
- 1 in 3 patients are dissatisfied after osteotomy bunion surgery
- 70% of patients may have their bunion return over time
Q. What are the positive effects of lapiplasty?
- 65 million Americans are affected by a bunion deformity
- 97% of Lapiplasty patients maintained their 3D bunion correction at 13 months
- 10.5 average days for Lapiplasty patients to begin bearing weight on their operative foot in a boot
- 21 clinical publications directly support the Lapiplasty procedure